Decorative Colored Water in Wine Glasses

The AS IS store was open yesterday, so I went in to get some mugs. I found cool ones, then came upon an idea that I wanted in the house. So far, it's cost me .25!

Fill any container with water and food dye and set in a window. That's it! If it has a lid, all the better. However, you can simply poor salad oil into the container, and it will seal the top from evaporation. That's the cool news.

The not so cool news is that in a year when you are ready to refill, the oil will have turned to a waxy substance you almost can't wash off.

So, if you have one of those "glass half full" attitudes, this is so worth it!

By Sandi from Salem, OR

They look very pretty but I do not think this is a good idea in my house, I have 13 cats and they would either knock them down so they can sun bathe or they would drink the water and the oil. Don't want to be on litter duty that day. LOL

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Good plan! I have a cat, but the window is high and I glue everything down just in case. Here is the window now that it's done.

PBP

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Budget DecoratingJune 29, 2011
Two Wine Glasses
Crafts Using Wine Glasses
Red Wine
Removing Red Wine Stains from Microfiber
Glass of Red Wine Spilled on Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors, Broken glass of red wine on wood floor.
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 21, 2017 at 12:22:20 PM on 10.0.1.138 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.