Decorating with Colored Water

Colored water added to glasses, vases, and bottles makes for a beautiful bit of decor. Use it to accent your home or as a centerpiece for a wedding or party.

I change water in two glasses by the season. Right now they are red and blue. But they seemed to be evaporating really fast. So today, I refilled and re-colored them, and made some plastic disks to sit on top of each.

You just need the right size, in this case, and spice lid. Then came a paper template.

Then it was cutting the plastic and placing it on the newly filled glasses.

Now we will see how long it takes. My guess is it will be a lot slower!
N-JOY!

I have had blue in these jars for almost two years. It's my "signature color" for my blue and yellow kitchen. But today I thought "I can have these different colors for each season, even for each holiday". So that is when I took the glass nuggets out and changed the water color.

For the Fall season, it's going to be two drops of red and three of yellow. I think I will go green in December, then red in February, and just have some fun!

N-JOY!

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this page.

The AS IS store was open yesterday, so I went in to get some mugs. I found cool ones, then came upon an idea that I wanted in the house. So far, it's cost me .25!

Fill any container with water and food dye and set in a window. That's it! If it has a lid, all the better. However, you can simply poor salad oil into the container, and it will seal the top from evaporation.

That's the cool news.

The not so cool news is that in a year when you are ready to refill, the oil will have turned to a waxy substance you almost can't wash off.

So, if you have one of those "glass half full" attitudes, this is so worth it!

By Sandi/Poor But Proud from Salem, OR

Wine glasses filled with colored water

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 6

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Budget DecoratingFebruary 12, 2020
💘
🍀

Generated 2020-02-13 23:07:35 in 2 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️