Budget DecoratingDecorating

Decorative Colored Water in Wine Glasses

The AS IS store was open yesterday, so I went in to get some mugs. I found cool ones, then came upon an idea that I wanted in the house. So far, it's cost me .25!

Fill any container with water and food dye and set in a window. That's it! If it has a lid, all the better. However, you can simply poor salad oil into the container, and it will seal the top from evaporation. That's the cool news.

The not so cool news is that in a year when you are ready to refill, the oil will have turned to a waxy substance you almost can't wash off.

So, if you have one of those "glass half full" attitudes, this is so worth it!

By Sandi/Poor But Proud from Salem, OR

They look very pretty but I do not think this is a good idea in my house, I have 13 cats and they would either knock them down so they can sun bathe or they would drink the water and the oil. Don't want to be on litter duty that day. LOL

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Good plan! I have a cat, but the window is high and I glue everything down just in case. Here is the window now that it's done.

PBP

Reply Like this photo? Yes

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing.

Reply Like this photo? Yes