Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Frugal Uses for Vinegar

This guide is about frugal uses for vinegar. This common fermented liquid can be an inexpensive product for many household uses.

November 10, 2010 Flag

I come from a family of thrifty recyclers. We were recycling and saving money way before it was the "in" thing. Mom and Dad taught us all to find new uses for things. Dad was a great believer in duct tape fixing everything! His favorite chair wore out at the arms and he promptly covered them in duct tape. Not so pleasing to the eye, but that chair lasted 10 extra years.

When I left home and married, I too became a thrifty housewife. Neither my husband or myself had large paying jobs, so we tried to find others uses for everything. I found hundreds of uses for plain cheap white vinegar.

Here's some:

That's just a FEW of the things regular white distilled or cider vinegar can do and save a lot of money!

By Bonnie from Hillsboro, Ohio

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Great ideas. I use it in the wash and it does make a difference.

Wonderful hints! I especially like the ones which don't cost a lot.

vinegar and baking soda
Uses for Vinegar
Better Living Frugal Living TipsNovember 29, 2016
killing weeds
Planting After Killing Weeds With Vinegar
bottles of cleaners
Warning About Mixing Vinegar and Bleach
A humidifier blowing steam.
Adding Vinegar to Your Humidifier
Vinegar Bottle
Removing Vinegar Smell from Carpet
👒
🐰
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site.
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 24, 2017 at 6:27:23 PM on 10.0.0.52 in 897 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.