Use Air Dry Cycle During Hot Summer Months

Ok, I must confess. This tip is truly from necessity since my dryer's heating element took a vacation, indefinitely! After trying every possible solution to fix the heat in the dryer, I simply turned the gas valve off (by turning the valve perpendicular to the gas pipe), and began using the auto dry cycle. I can achieve the same goal while saving on my gas bill and not adding more heat to an already hot desert day.

By Licia from Palmdale, CA

Dry your washing for free by hanging it outside to dry. Get a rotary dryer which doesn't take much space. Even here in the UK I do this for as many months as possible (not possible December - February). If you are turning on any appliance you are still contributing to global warming by consuming electricity or gas. Also, it's a pleasant way to get a little more exercise and fresh air by taking your washing out to the clothes line. Furthermore, your laundry which has dried in the fresh air smells tons better than anything that comes out of the dryer. If you are as busy as I am, hang your washing out the night before so it has the whole of the next day to dry.

Better Living Green Living Conservation EnergyMay 5, 2009
Washing Machine
Washing Machine Moves During Spin Cycle
Air Ionizer and Purifier for Allergies
Improving Indoor Air Quality
clothes in washer spinning
Washer Making Noise During Spin Cycle
Flying ant on a white background.
Getting Rid of Flying Ants
🎄
🍂