Emergency Laundry Detergent

Category Laundry
It is frustrating to have just loaded the washer only to discover you are out of detergent. This is a guide about emergency laundry detergent substitutions.

If you run out of laundry detergent towards the end of the month and don't want to spend your last $'s, regular dish liquid will work great. I use 3 big squirts for a normal size load to get clean clothes with no foaming.

By Margaret

It is not necessary to use detergent at all unless you are washing very dirty or soiled clothing. I recycle my clothes washing water so I use plain water in a twin tub washing machine for all my washing. Stained or grubby items get a presoak in nappy, (diaper), soaker, wrung out and washed in plain water. My clothes are clean and fresh. So if you run out of detergent try just plain water.

Regards

Jo

Well thank god for you. I just ran out and ran on this site. I have four bottles of ajax dish liquid. And 4 more loads of wash. Super duper great thing you posted this.

Dawn is the best soap for greasy clothes..and if you have pets, great for fleas!

By Susan (Guest Post)

Dish washing liquid is great for collar grease. Just put a little on a collar, rub the sides together and then toss the shirt in the wash.