Making a Curtain for an Arched Window

Making a curtain for an arched window is not as difficult as it may seem. This is a guide about making a curtain for an arched window.

Arched Window
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Turning to my ThriftyFun friends again! I am moving to house with a rectangular window that has an arched top. I'm wanting to cover the whole window, not just a portion where the window is arched. The window is at the front of the house so nothing ugly.

This is a bedroom for a night worker who is sleeping in the day. I have black out drapes for the window, but I'm wanting to put up blinds in addition. I can't afford custom made blinds. Can you give me any frugal ideas. Thanks

By tx.Betty from TX

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

They have window roller kits that you can buy, where you add your own fabric and laminate it; of course this would not cover the arch but if you already are using a black out curtain for the whole window that shouldn't be a problem.

Read More Answers...

Can someone please describe how to make a curtain for an arched window?

By rajeswaran from Manama, Bahrain

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Hi, here is a link to a pdf file that may be what you are looking for. It is the installation instructions for the Graber arch curtain rod, but it gives details on how to finish the fabric for arch, oval and more.

http://decor.basicq.com/pdf/archedwindowinstallation.pdf

Crafts Home DecorApril 13, 2013
Curtain Rod
Making Your Own Curtain Rods
Cleaning a Shower Curtain
Cleaning a Shower Curtain
CD Curtain
Making a CD Curtain
Woman hanging a window treatment.
Window Treatment Advice
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 29, 2016 at 7:08:25 AM on 10.0.1.54 in 278 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.