Window Treatment for Arched Window

Turning to my ThriftyFun friends again! I am moving to house with a rectangular window that has an arched top. I'm wanting to cover the whole window, not just a portion where the window is arched. The window is at the front of the house so nothing ugly.

This is a bedroom for a night worker who is sleeping in the day. I have black out drapes for the window, but I'm wanting to put up blinds in addition. I can't afford custom made blinds. Can you give me any frugal ideas. Thanks

By weinerdog41 from TX

Had the same problem with my husband's office window: sun shone right in his eyes in the afternoon. Purchased an inexpensive valance and tacked it up. Depending on the length of the space to be covered, use 24" or 26". Hope this helps. Doesn't have to look makeshift. Cay from FL

Tack a huge fan up there or make one. Fold material in pleats and sew the bottom part straight across, then fan the top part out to match the shape of your window.

I have seen this thrifty method several times: just place a drape over the arch as if it were a regularly shaped window. The arch is lovely from the outside, and covered from the inside like a rectangular window. You lose the inner beauty of the arch, but the window treatment is fairly reasonably priced.

They have window roller kits that you can buy, where you add your own fabric and laminate it; of course this would not cover the arch but if you already are using a black out curtain for the whole window that shouldn't be a problem.