Weight Loss Surgery

I'm considering weight loss surgery by means of the lap band. I've read lots on the internet, pros and cons. I would really appreciate advice from anyone who has undergone this procedure. Some people have had great success while others have suffered bad side effects. Thank you in advance for your help!

By Maggie from VA

Best Answer

Please join a support group, or find one online, maybe where you can chat with others that have had it done. I know of some people that have had a horrible time post surgery, and had difficulty adjusting to life, and others that did fine, but gained a lot of weight back later in life.

Best of luck to you!

I have a girl friend who had gastric bypass and in one year she lost 100 lbs. She had no problem with infections, etc., however, she was really sick a lot of the time for awhile afterwards. She admits that is because she was trying to eat what she shouldn't a lot sooner than she was supposed, also eating more than she could. By that it means that there were times that she couldn't eat the small amount that she was supposed to be eating. When she told her doctor that, he told her to quit eating as soon as she felt full. However, I do know relatives of women that had a lot of problems and one of them chose to have it undone. The other one died after having multiple infections. I have also been told of a couple people in town that can't stop loosing weight after having the surgery and that they look like "death warmed over." I am what doctors so nicely refer to morbidly obese, and my internal medicine doctor urges me to lose weight, but I have never had a surgical procedure recommended. My friend has kept the weight off for about a year.

There is no quick fix to obesity. The safest way is a healthy eating plan and regular exercise!

http://ezinearticles.com/?The-Side- ... s-of-Lap-Band-Surgery&id=1843192

I can't tell you what you do, but for your own health and safety, you should begin eating healthier and start a walking program. Then as you start gradually losing the weight, start doing some floor exercises using an exercise mat. There are too many risk factors to take into consideration. Don't have surgery if it's not necessary, it could be life threatening.

Health & Beauty Weight LossJuly 25, 2010
Losing Weight After Having a Baby, Woman in Red Coat Walking Her Baby Stroller in the Park
Losing Weight After Having a Baby
A plate full of supplements.
Using Supplements for Weight Loss
A box of Goldfish pretzels snacks.
Saving Money on Diet Snacks
Weighing in on Scale
Using Weight Watchers