Shoo Fly Jars in Every Room

Time to get those large glass jars out and fill them with crinkled up (very important) aluminum foil and water and then set them around to repel flies. It takes up to a day for them to notice they are there. Put it where the sun can catch it if you can.

Note: On cloudy days these don't work well.

By Robyn Fed from Hampton, TN

How does this work?

I guess I'm not understanding the concept of this either. Could you explain it to me, please.

I'd be apt to be knocking them over constantly!

I am not sure it is something about them thinking the reflections are not still, and the different folds in the aluminum simulate something moving around. This has been what it has been explained to me, but it takes them a while. I like to move them around. One little cafe has them on every table.

These are supposed to look like movement to the fly and confuse its multiple eye vision into thinking there may be a predator nearby.

It takes a day or two for the shoo fly jar with aluminum foil to start working but the alternative which is a bag with four or five pennies in water in a zip lock bag hung where they can see it seems to work quicker.

Home and Garden Pest Control FliesMay 19, 2009
A close up of a black house fly.
Fly Repellent Recipes
Pickle Jar Candy Jars
Reusing Pickle Jars
Fly paper strips hanging by clothes pins.
Making Fly Paper
Room With Many Doors
Decorating a Room With Many Doors
🎉
🎄