Clean Spills on Stove with Baking Soda

Be careful when you clean your white stove! If you get to aggressive, you end up with scratches. It really isn't necessary.

Simply wring out a dishcloth and apply baking soda to the stove surface. With gentle circular motion, gently rub and you'll find that food (even burnt food) will rub right off and no scratches. :)

Source: Grandmother

By Gooby from Straughn, IN

Oh, I'm so happy to find a new use for baking soda! Thank you!

Thanks for the tip!

Guess I'm just lazy. I take my soapy,wet sponge & squeeze a little water out on every dried on/cooked on spot on my stove & counters, then I let it sit while I finish loading the dishawasher,etc.When I go back,the spots usually wipe right off with no effort. If it's a little tougher, I'll wet a napkin or paper towel & let it sit on the spot longer before wiping. I've done this for 30 years & it almost always works-when it doesn't then I use baking soda. I just always figured it was a waste of my time scrubbing when I could be doing something else & now that I have arthritis & carpal tunnel,I CAN'T scrub anymore.

Oh, yeah almost forgot- this works all over the house,but my favorite is the fridge when something spills & runs down under the drawers(you know that sticky,icky,oozy mess?). I remove the drawers & soak a dishtowel or paper towels with water(can add baking soda or vinegar) & lay it over the mess.A half hour (or whenever you remember to go check)later, it usually wipes right off!

March 3, 2010 Flag

Cleaning up cooked on spills on your white stove can be very difficult, but there is a very easy, very effective way to do it. Take a damp dishcloth and put some baking soda on it and rub. It melts the food and you won't scratch your appliance. :)

By Gooby from Straughn, IN

Answers:

Clean Spills on Stove with Baking Soda

Good tip if the stove top has already cooled, but I've found if you wipe the spills up right away simply with a damp cloth while stovetop still hot/warm is absolutely the easiest ;-) (12/18/2009)

By Deeli

Up close photo of the front of a baking soda box
Cleaning With Baking Soda
Home and Garden Cleaning KitchenMarch 3, 2010
Black smooth top cooking range.
Cleaning Spills on a Smooth Top Stove
Smooth Top Stove
Cleaning a Smooth Top Stove
Muffin with a bite out of it.
Muffins Taste Like Baking Soda
Spilled Milk in kitchen
Preventing Spills in the Kitchen
🎉
🎄