Alternative to Swiffer Sweeper

I've never had any other dry mop other than the Swiffer Sweepers, and it's simply not enough, and not economical. I'm looking for a dry mop suggestion, because I'm clueless. (3 adults and 3 big dogs, yikes.)

By izzytheterrible from Tampa, FL

I've already answered my own question! I found microfiber cloths in the car cleaning department at Target ($5 for 12 of them), they fit right into the sweeper!

Use both sizeds then throw them in the wash, can't beat it!

I bought what looks like an old-fashioned "dust mop" at Home Depot. It cost about $15, but you can take the head off and wash it in the machine. It's made of microfiber, so it really collects pet hair very well.

I use the yellow headed dust mop that you can get from Walmart, the yellow string head slips off, and you can wash it in washer, and hang to dry. I use that, and spray it with Endust to 'clean' the floor between regular cleanings. We live down a dirt road, and have one inside pup, so my floors usually get this every day.

I have the same problem so one day a bath towel of mine was getting too old and what I did was cut it to the size of the swifer broom and I have been cleaning with that ever since. and to remove all the dog/cat hair off it I wipe the towel on the area rug and it all comes off and leaves the towel clean of all the lint and hairs. Then I go and vacuum the rug, which I have to do anyway. Easy and cheapest solution I've come up with yet! and since the towels are large, I made a few of them. They tuck in beautifully to the swifer and you can use the extras while you wash the used one. That is my "Aha!" idea. Hope this helps you, it works great for me

I have an old swiffer mop I found for free at a garage sale. I though Oh No too pricey for the cloths. Dollar General Store has cheap subs that fit and work well. My friend uses old rags on hers for mopping.

Home and Garden Cleaning FloorsAugust 30, 2009
WetJet Package
Unclogging a Swiffer Wet Jet
Swiffer Wet Jet
Replacing the Bottle on a Swiffer Wet Jet
Swiffer Wet Jet
Changing the Batteries on a Swiffer Wet Jet
🎄