Determining the Value of a Older Sewing Machine

I have a 1967 White sewing machine, what is it worth? It is in good condition, works well.

By James

My daughter bought a '78 Kenmore in the cabinet for $30 and it needed a $30 part and she is sewing up a storm for $60. She loves it. Older machines do not bring much. Hope this helps.

Rasta is right. Older machines are just not worth much money wise. In my area you would be lucky to sell it for $25.00. I have found them at garage sales for as little as $5.00.

The older machines often don't cost much money, but most work better than newer machines because they were made to higher standards. Some people think that White sewing machines are some of the best made sewing machines in the world. The White company made cars, bicycles, sewing machines and quite a few other highly engineered products. So remember that the worth of a machine is not always measured by its price. Eventually, quality does win out...but it might take another 50 years before most people recognize it. BTW, I have a White machine too, it is beautiful and I paid $50 for it in someone's front yard even though I really didn't have room for another sewing machine (I am such a sucker for a pretty face!).

I have a 1930s White rotary sewing machine in cabinet with knee peddle and electric . Worked up until a few years ago when the cord sparked and I stopped using it. Has 2 drawers on inside of cabinet door and included the the original metal Rotary box with all attachments and replacement parts. I paid 10$ for it 25 years ago.

old sewing machine
Determining the Value of an Older Sewing Machine
Consumer Advice General AdviceMay 23, 2011
Handy Stitch Sewing Machine
Using a Handy Stitch Sewing Machine
Making a quilt square on a home sewing machine.
Machine Quilting on a Home Sewing Machine
Determining the Value of Silver Jewelry
Determining the Value of Silver Jewelry
🎉
🎄