In Memory of Suma and Mamiya (Tabby Cats)

Suma, left and Mamiya, right were both taught, with kindness and reward, to do an assortment of tricks. Here they are on a stool "waving to Mommy" in unison. Many people don't realize how teachable cats are.

Suma was 11 and Mamiya 17. Both passed away in the past year, during the imported pet food scandal. They were both tabbies. I got them about 11 years ago. They loved to do tricks and pose for pictures. We spent a lot of time together and I miss them so much.

By Grayce from Fort Pierce, FL

Suma And Mamiya (Tabby Cats)

I forgot to mention, Mamiya died at about 17 years of age. Within 3 or 4 months 11 year old Suma succumbed. Suma's belly became badly distended. It was during the time of the tainted pet food. A thousand dollars later the doctors could not find a cause, nor could they save him. It's been 15 months and we are grieving still. Suma was a big, gentle giant, and very healthy. He'd NEVER had any kind of health problem. He was an indoor cat, so he couldn't have contracted something outside, and he was up to date on his inoculations.

So sorry for your loss of your beautiful beloved kitties. Time will help and, when the time is right, perhaps another kitty or two will help ease the pain. No pet will ever replace a particular pet we loved and miss, but think of the fun you could have teaching another one some tricks!

i'm so very sorry for u loss. u'r babies were just beautiful...rest, sweet Suma and Mamiya

dru

dru

Suma and Mamiya were special and beautiful cats. I'm sorry for your loss.

So sorry to hear of your loss. Our animals are a part of our lives and leave such a void when they are gone. Someday at Rainbow Bridge you will be reunited with your precious fur babies. Time will help heal the pain but you will never forget this two special kitties. They are just beautiful!

Oh, how beautiful they were! How heartbreaking to lose both of these gorgeous cats. I'm so sorry. Thank you for sharing their pictures and their story.

I am sorry to hear of your loss. Do you suspect the tainted pet food? I lost my dog almost 2 years now from pancreas problem. She was a wonderful pet and I still miss her. Penny was 13 years. I hope to one day get another dog, but when I am ready. You will find the same, you need to get over the grieving process first. Its like losing a member of your family. Its great that you are sharing this with the group. Take care.

Those cats knew their people loved them. How great that you taught them tricks. Sorry for your loss.

Was the cat on the left polydactyl--extra toes?

We tranied our cats to play fetch! I can't even get my dogs to fetch! Sorry for your loss.

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, i have an inside cat she is a black long hair with a white chest and feet and she is 12yrs old, i never got to fix her when she was a kitten and now because of that and her age she has developed a lump on her belly, the vet told me it was cancer and she might have 6months to live and i know i'm going to be a basket case when it happens.. I didn't want the surgery because soon as air hits it, it will spread like wild fire.. I don't see her acting any differently and she is not in pain, but i worry every time i leave her if she will still be by the door waiting for me to open it.. I feel your pain for your loss..

May god give us both the strength to get through this hard time..

So sorry to hear about your loss. I know it takes time

to heal. I lost my cat AllieMae and could not bear

to look at another cat. She was a tortie with a quirky

ways and was spoiled she had her own room. She slept

everynight with us. After her death I was so devasted

having no children she was my baby girl.

then one day a neighbor came by to tell me there

was a jack russell who had been left in a cage

for over two weeks and was bone thin and wanted

to know if I would take her to pound. I looked at

the dog then my husband he said"NO" well she

is one spoiled jack russell and a sweet girl.

This is a photo I saw on the Internet Pawprints in

heaven.

Candleglows, I hope your sweet angel is doing ok. My prayers are with you and her. Meowmom, I am sorry for your loss too. Soooo hard. That little Jack is a lucky one, and so are you, that you found each other. That pet prints pic is awesome!

All of you who lost your beloved pets, I am truly sorry for your pain. Thank you all.

Sandee, yes Suma was polydactyl. I always told him he had the MOST beautiful tootsies on the face of this earth. He was very, very gentle with those big tootsies. Occasionally he'd give Mamiya a gentle tap on the ear, always, ALWAYS gentle. Such a good boy.

We did get another cat for Suma once Mamiya died. Her name is Sassy. Unfortunately, Suma, as you know, passed away shortly after.

I've attached a picture of Sassy.

Photos Pets CatsJune 17, 2008
Tabby Cat
Tabby Breed Information and Photos
Simple square block quilt made from vintage fabric.
Making a Memory Quilt
Siamese Mix
Siamese Mix Cat Photos
🎉
🎄