Use Earring Wire For Odd Shaped Stones and Beads

I wanted to make a necklace, but the layout of the stones wasn't functioning well on the grooved necklace board from the craft shop. The doughnut shaped stones with a hole in the middle kept on falling over onto their flat sides. I needed to nest the stones together so they would seem as one unit and not resemble jagged teeth. In a flash of inspiration, I temporarily strung the turquoise nuggets onto straight earring wires then laid them out on the necklace board, placing the better stones in the front and re-balancing the units by adding some stones and removing others. It worked!

The picture shows the completed necklace and a demo of 2 working units of stones. I found that a strand of turquoise nuggets from the craft store did not provide me with enough quality nuggets for a necklace, so I opted for this design.

By cookwie from Richardson, TX

Jewelry Making Tips
Jewelry Making Tips
Crafts JewelryJune 2, 2010
Bailing Wire
Craft Ideas Using Baling Wire
large present
Gift Wrapping Odd Shaped Presents
Bead and wire jewelry making materials.
Making Bead and Wire Bracelets
Blue beaded dragonfly.
Beaded Wire Craft Ideas