Crockpot Sweet Potato Recipe

I am looking for a recipe on how to make crock pot sweet potatoes to go with our Thanksgiving dinner. Thank you for any answers.

By Rachelle from Denver, CO

Go to Google and type in crock pot recipes.

Also, it works well with Google, "crockpot recipes sweet potatoes" and recipes for sweet potatoes using crockpots come right up too.

This isn't an answer to your question, but since you don't have many, I will tell you how I do mine. The day before I plan to serve sweet potatoes, I boil them whole, with the peeling still on them. Take them out before they are too done. Put them in the fridge. The next day I peel and slice them, put them in a casserole dish with butter, brown sugar, pecans, maple syrup, salt, etc. -- pineapple whatever you like. If you don't want to add anything them, just heat in the microwave, or oven. They are already cooked.

We eat sweet potatoes often and what I do is simply put them in the crockpot and had a bit of water and they steam. You then can add seasonings etc. Last time we made them we added olive oil and spicy seasoning and kept them in thick slices - not mashed. These are so easy to make and freeze. I'll make a bunch, keep them plain and freeze. Take out the amount you want and season. You could easily do this now and save time at turkey day!

This is a family favorite..

Slow Cooker with Sweet Potato/Yam with Applesauce

(6) Medium/3 lbs. sweet potatoes/yams, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes

1 1/2 cup unsweetend applesauce

2/3 cup packed brown sugar

3 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted

1 tsp. cinnamon

1/2 tsp. lemon juice, optional

Ground cloves, ginger, allspice, nutmeg/to taste

1/2 cup nuts, toasted/optional

Place sweet potatoes in 2 to 3 1/2 quart slow cooker. Mix remaining ingredients except nuts; spoon over potatoes.

Cover and cook on high heat setting for 1 hour; then 3 hours on low or until potatoes are very tender.

Sprinkle with nuts. Makes 6 servings. You can double or triple this recipe and cook it in a 5- to 6-quart cooker. It will stay warm for second helpings.

To toast nuts Bake uncovered in ungreased shallow pan in 350ºF oven about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown.

Or cook in ungreased heavy skillet over medium-low heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently until browning begins, then stirring constantly until golden brown.

sweet potatoes
Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes CrockpotNovember 7, 2009
Sweet Potato Chips
Sweet Potato Chip Recipes
Sweet Potato Cake Recipes
Sweet Potato Cake Recipes
Healthy Crockpot Recipes
Healthy Crockpot Recipes