Using an "Old Fashioned" Push Mower - Reel Lawn Mowers

I want to use a reel push mower, but I live in FL (kinda new here) and have never cut the grass here. It's the coarse thick stuff. Can I use a push mower effectively on this type of grass?

By Debbie from Ft Myers, FL

Answers

That is the only kind of mower that people used to have, and this was back in the day when the only green some people had in their yards was actually wild grass. I'm sure some of those grasses were like you described.

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

A push lawn mower cutting the grass
Using a Reel or Push Style Lawn Mower
Home and Garden Gardening LawnNovember 29, 2010
Photo of a push lawn mower.
Fixing a Lawn Mower That Won't Start
Riding Lawn Mower
Repairing a Troy-Bilt Riding Lawn Mower
Mowing With Weed Wacker
Mowing a Lawn Without a Mower
Man tinkering with a riding mower.
Riding Lawn Mower Won't Start
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 22, 2016 at 3:45:07 PM on 10.0.0.166 in 300 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.