Dissolving Drink Mixes

Usually when I make a pitcher of any type of pre-sweetened powdered drink mix, the powder does not dissolve well and has to be stirred for a while. Now, I fill the container with about three quarters of the water, and stir it quickly to create a whirlpool. I add the powdered drink and it stirs itself without have any lumps. Then I add the rest of the water. Be sure to have the powdered mix open and ready to pour before making the whirlpool. Do not fill the pitcher too much or it will overflow. This may be considered fun for some people in the family. Maybe this will solve the "almost empty pitcher left in the fridge so someone else can make another pitcher" problem. We can only hope.

By mkymlp from NE PA / USA

I have a different method for getting powdered drink mixes to dissolve. I heat a cup of water in the microwave for 30 seconds. Put the warm water in the bottom of the pitcher, add the drink mix and stir until all is dissolved. The Crystal Light mixes dissolve instantly this way. The mixes containing sugar need more stirring but the warm water accelerates the dissolving; then fill the pitcher with cold water and it's ready to use.

Food and Recipes Food Tips BeveragesOctober 6, 2010
Improving Boxed Brownie Mixes
Jiffy Spiffy Brownies
Recipes Using Jiffy Mixes
Mixing a baking mix.
Making Your Own Baking Mixes