Using Drink Mixes

These powders can be used to sweeten foods and fun projects for kids. This is a guide about using drink mixes.

• 1 cup flour
  • 1 pkg. unsweetened powdered drink mix
  • 1/4 cup salt
  • 1 1/2 cup water
  • 1 1/2 Tbsp. oil
  • liquid dish soap (optional).

Directions:

Please be aware that most drink mixes can stain skin and other items it comes in contact with. Wash hands and anything else the powdered drink mix comes in contact with as soon as you are done painting.

In a large bowl, mix together the flour, powdered drink mix, and salt. Put it aside. Measure the water in a medium size pot and bring it to a boil. Add the oil to the boiling water. Pour the water and oil mixture into the dry ingredients and mix until smooth. Add a few drops of liquid dish soap to your paint mixture and blend carefully so you don't make the mixture bubble. This is optional, but it may help with clean up. If the paint is too thick, add more hot water, a little at a time, until it is the desired consistency. Set paint aside and allow to cool before you use it.

Now you can use this for finger painting on freezer paper or butcher paper.

By fossil1955 from Cortez, CO

I shop at the Dollar Tree like some people shop for food. It's the only way I can buy anything new on my fixed income. There is also, at any given time, at least 60 drink mix packages from various brands in my "drink drawer". I get most of these there, too. It's so much cheaper than soda and has no carbonation.

I bought 6 of these bigger drink containers and loved that two packets fit into it perfectly. But, something happened to my thumbs over the 57 years I have been crocheting. They got weak. While these bottles are great, they are 9+ inches around. Also, I have a tendency to drink one in about an hour.

So, while I love a little coffee with my creamer, I had to stop that, too. This left me with these amazing smaller bottles. They have a deeper screw on lid than most, and fit perfectly in my fridge door. When I fill a larger one, I can mix it evenly and pour it into three little ones.

Now before anyone says I shouldn't be drinking out of these, I revolve them every 2 months and use them just for frozen containers for picnics and such. They stay frozen longer and don't dilute or get messy as they thaw. If you want to control the sweat factor, just put them into a zipper bag with a paper towel and then pop them right back in the freezer.

So, now I grab one an hour and spread the value out times 3. It's a win win for me and I hope they will help you, too.

N-JOY!

Keep orange flavored drink mix, such as Tang in a salt shaker to sprinkle over treats like applesauce and vanilla pudding for a flavor boost. Lemon flavored drink mix for this purpose is also nice.

By duckie-do from Cortez, CO