Kenmore Front Load Washer Leaking

I have Kenmore Elite HE 4t series. Mine is leaking from the bottom of the washer. All the hoses attach at the top, and there are no leaks there. Any suggestions?

By Joanne from Stafford, VA

Answers

I cant see the actual leak but it is coming from high up the drain hose area and dripping down into the rear right corner during the drain cycle. How do I get the top off the machine to check it out? It is a kenmore front load HE machine.

Found the answer. three screws on the top back. the leak was a pinhole leak in the drain hose where it rubbed against the wire tray running down the back right inside corner of the machine.

October 25, 2010 Flag

My Kenmore front loading washer is leaking from the bottom right front. It also has an odor like mildew. Are these problems related and how do I fix them?

By WendyB from Calgary, AB

Answers:

Kenmore Front Load Washer Leaking

I would take the front panel off the washer to locate where the leak is coming from. You should be able to tell if there are seals leaking or if it is over flow or something else. Most likely you will need to call a repair man. You could also call the repair company and see if they have a better idea of what the leak could be from. (05/30/2010)

By foxrun41

Kenmore Front Load Washer Leaking

Take the bottom access panel off to see were it is leaking from, most Kenmore front loaders will have the pump at the right front. For the smell, run about 1/2 gallon of bleach through a cycle and it will take care of the smell. If your boot seal "the gray seal that you see when you open the door" has black stains on it push tub back at the bottom and you might have to put some bleach there and let it sit over night and then run it through a full cycle. You can poke a little hole in the top of the boot seal, it will help the moisture dry up quicker, or if you find the pump hose leaking you might have something in the pump that is smelling, small sock, underwear, or coins. Kenmore front loaders love to collect change in the hose. I have found fifteen dollars in coins before. (06/01/2010)

By tech2

Home and Garden Repair Appliances Clothing WashersOctober 25, 2010
view down into top load washer during wash cycle
Cleaning a Top Load Washing Machine
Front Loading Washer
Buying a Front Loading Washer With Reversible Door
Front Loading Washer
Using a Front Loading Washer
Front Load Washer
Front Load Washer Makes Noise During Final Rinse Cycle
🎉
🎄