Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

First Communion Centerpiece Ideas

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
First Communion Centerpiece

Your young child's first communion is an important rite of passage to celebrate. This guide contains first communion centerpiece ideas.

Here are questions related to First Communion Centerpiece Ideas.

Question: First Communion Centerpiece

I'm doing a First Communion for my kids, a boy and a girl. I have a white basket with fake flowers and I want to add things to it to make it beautiful can you give some ideas?

By Doris from FL

Most Recent Answer

By Eileen M. [54]04/05/2014

If your kids have/get candles for First Communion, put those in with the other decorations. We decorated our own candles (godparents and mom) for each of my kids, and I still have them. We used them again for Confirmation!

Question: First Communion Centerpiece Ideas

I would like an example of how to make a centerpiece for boy's first communion.

By Cynthia

Question: First Communion Wall Centerpiece Ideas

My daughter is receiving 1st holy communion and I need some ideas how to make a wall centerpiece for that day. I don't want it to be very expensive. Thank you.

By Jane

I need some ideas for a table centerpiece for my son's first communion.

Most Recent Answer

By Sally [15]03/04/2009

(Submitted via email)

I really love this idea! I was wondering if you had pictures, would love to get a better visual. Thank you, Adria

Solutions: First Communion Centerpiece Ideas

Do you have knowledge about this guide topic? Feel free to share a solution!

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: First Communion Centerpiece Ideas

I need some ideas for centerpieces for my daughter's First Holy Communion. I don't want to have balloons, but something original but not too expensive. Casey from Bayside, NY

RE: First Communion Centerpieces

I put a glass tray on the table with a loaf of bread, a cluster of grapes and a chalice. You can buy a container shaped like a chalice if you don't have a real one. Or you can add a candle or flowers on the side.

Karen

RE: First Communion Centerpieces

I am now making the centerpieces for my Grandaughter. I picked up used readers digest condensed books. I covered them with white fabric to look like a bible. I found some inexpensive teddies (oriental trading co.) put a little tulle veil or bow tie and hot glued them sitting up on the book (book laid flat).

I then covered some of the book around the teddies with small inexpensive flowers (white, pastel pink and blue) and you can embellish with little pearl ribbons or whatever you like.

They took some time because I have 20 to make. They are original and absolutely adorable. What made me think of this I have no clue. Be creative with them. I even found some stickers (crosses) and put that on the side of book. It is endless what you can come up with. Plus I shopped for bargains. Have fun!

Janet

RE: First Communion Centerpieces

I loved your idea of the mirror with chalice, bread and grapes. I am doing that, but also, sprinkling dove shaped confetti around on the mirror. I am also sitting a couple of tealights around. (04/23/2004)

By chris

RE: First Communion Centerpiece Ideas

Make or order a cake in the shape of a cross. Use the cake for a centerpiece. (03/07/2006)

By Carol

FIRST COMMUNION CENTERPIECES

I don't know why but this just crossed my mind -- probably because it's usually an Easter "thing." Wrap balloons with string (actual directions are on the net) leaving an opening on one side (basket type) after the string has dried, break the balloons and decorate the "baskets" with little flowers and a small angel or cross inside. (b)Editor's Note(/b) I think you would need to have Elmer's glue on the string to get it to hold up once the baloon is popped. (03/07/2006)

By LORI

RE: First Communion Centerpiece Ideas

This is inexpensive - Since it is Easter time, you can place palm leaves in the center of the table with about 4-8 beautiful white candles (in holders) on the palm leaves - simple but elegant Enjoy !! (03/07/2006)

By Sherri

RE: First Communion Centerpiece Ideas

Hi: I think that I am going to cluster some white african violets (from Home Depot's floral department) in inexpensive white flower pots from a wholesaler, and wrap an organdy ribbon around them ina bow. Maybe some tealights scattered around them and then perhaps a little tag attached to each pot with my son's name and the date then each couple can take one home (double duty centerpiece AND favor!) Good luck to you! (03/10/2006)

By Pauline, Huntington NY

RE: First Communion Centerpiece Ideas

There is a website called http://www.oldtimecandy.com They specialize in candy from different decades. I put the candy in a festive basket with a poem hanging from the top. The candy really went. The kids thought it was great and the parents loved looking at candy from their generation! The poem was also sentimental. Good luck! (03/26/2006)

By Liz

RE: First Communion Centerpiece Ideas

Spray paint terracotta pots (walmart-.50-.97), white and then your color on the top band (can take some time)..I am doing gold, it goes with the color of our home and I am using off white gold and silver for the twins communion colors. Then plant your choice of flower in the pot. Arrange them in a circle or down the center of the table depending on the shape od the table then the guests at the table can take them home. A larger one should be in the center with the little ones around it. Maybe give the larger ones away by using a creative way...the oldest at each table etc. (03/30/2006)

By Smith

RE: First Communion Centerpiece Ideas

hey i love the ideas here. I'm a teacher and was wondering if anyone had any ideas for decorating the church??? I would prefer if the children did the activities themselves, but I'm just not sure of exactly what to do. Any help would be greatfully apreciated. Thanks (04/14/2007)

By lydia

RE: First Communion Centerpiece Ideas

I am using an 8X10 photo of his baptism in a frame with another current photo of him in his communion outfit. (04/25/2007)

By jamie

For my son's First Communion party, we decorated the tables with small square glass vases. My son picked out the fresh cut flowers out and I cut them to the right size. I put decorative marbles in the bottom and used food coloring (blue for boys) to enhance the elegance of the centerpieces. Then I added decorative butterflies to the centerpiece. Butterflies mean "new life". I got endless compliments on the centerpieces. You can even use this in a everyday look at home.

By Kerry from Flat Rock, MI

RE: First Communion Centerpiece Ideas

I am going with the mirrored centerpiece idea for the place card table we will have. I can't find a store-bought chalice that I think will work so this is what I came up with... purchase (from your local craft store):
  • 1 - 3" glass candlestick (crystal is ok)
  • 1 - bowl shaped candle holder (one that can hold a votive)
I will hot glue the two together to form my "chalice" and then spray paint it with a high gloss spray paint.

I also found (in the fake fruit/food area):

• 1 loaf of french bread
  • 1 cluster of purple grapes
  • 3 small pieces of ivy
I also found a 14 x 14 inch mirror that was on clearance in the bridal section for $5.00.

I am going to also buy a flameless pillar candle that looks like a real one (with the wax drips on the sides).

The bread, "chalice," grapes, candle and ivy will top the mirror and I will it to the side of the place cards so it can be seen when guests arrive. I am thinking of making some sort of "arch" with his name on it, but I have to figure out how that will work out (and how involved it will be to make!) (01/24/2008)

By Cheryl