Get Your Cash Back at a Store

Did you ever notice how much money you spend when using your Debit Card to get cash out of an ATM that is not affiliated with your bank? I was stunned when my last statement came and the fees associated with using ATM's. Anywhere from $2.25 to $3.00 to use the service. It can literally come to a big chunk of change by the end of the year! Now, I just go to Walgreen's, Dominick's Finer Foods, or any major store and even if you just purchase a pack of gum, you can request cash back. The Walgreen's here in Chi-Town will give you up to $100.00 cash back. You will need to enter your pin, but when you figure the amount you can save, its worth it. I look forward to my next statement where there is no fees for cash back.

By Louise from Chicago, IL

Excellent advice! Thanks! :-)

It does depend on your bank. My old bank never gave me fees for doing that but my new bank does on some of those transactions.

Thank you for the good tip I get tired of these bank charging outrageous fees.

Good idea for the big chain stores with deep pockets. Please remember, though, small mom and pop type stores have to pay a percentage of whatever you spend to the credit card companies. Those fees can really hurt us.

Avoiding ATM Fees
Avoiding ATM Fees
Budget & Finance BankingAugust 19, 2008
Woman Buying Car
Car Loan vs. Paying Cash
Paying with Cash instead of a Card
Paying with Cash instead of a Card
Money hidden in a china sugar pot.
Hiding Valuables
Looking at a grocery receipt.
Dealing With Mistakes at the Cash Register
🎄
🍂