Trick to Placing Lids on Mayo Jar

If you have trouble getting lids back on mayo jars, etc., turn lid counterclockwise a few times and it should drop right in the groove then turn clockwise to close. Works for me every time. :)

By Betty from Painesville, Ohio

I;ve been doing that for years - the only problem I have is sometimes people watching me feel the need to tell me I'm screwing the jar top the wrong way and it takes ages to convince them that I am doing it deliberately.

That is so cool! I've never heard of that and always get frustrated with those lids. Thanks for sharing :-)

Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsAugust 18, 2008
Jar Lids
Uses for Jar Lids
Plastic Lid Photo Ornament
Uses for Plastic Lids
Plastic Lid Man
Crafts Using Plastic Lids
beaded lid
Crafts Using Jar Lids