Uses for Jar Lids

Category Reusing
Don't throw away used jar lids, there are many ways you can reuse them around the house. This is a page about uses for jar lids.

If your jar is melted or broken, don't recycle that lid. I have found more uses for them than I can remember. Here are just a few.

• For dip in your veggie and deli lunch!

• Measuring out nuts.

• Your daily pills.

• Gathering beads.

• The standard Mayo lid is about 1/3 cup so for soup or rice recipes, you can't do better.

• Office supplies.

• Cookie or biscuit cutter.

• Where you toss your keys!

• Other ideas: marbles, glass nuggets, a gathering place for your laundry quarters.

• More More and So Much More! N-JOY!

Source: Just being thrifty!

Use old peanut butter lids to set in the cabinet under containers of sticky stuff - like honey or molasses jars - to catch the little drips that always seem to drip down the sides and make a mess. It's much easier to run the lids through the dishwasher every now and then than to have to scrub the sticky mess out of your cupboards!

By Tina Hayes

A great "toy" for a toddler: Save all your plastic jar lids (from mayonnaise, peanut butter, etc.) Save different colors and sizes, the more the better. I did this for my kids and grandkids.

I got tired of misplacing or losing the lid or cap to a bottle or jar. I put a small bowl on the kitchen counter. In it I keep spare lids and caps from some of the things we use. I don't keep a lot but keep enough so that a misplaced or broken lid or cap can be replaced.

Cooking Oil - To stop the drips from your cooking oil bottle messing up the cupboard shelves, try keeping the bottle on an inverted jam (jelly) jar lid ~ I find the lid from 'Nutella' spread is just the right size.

Better Living Green Living ReusingMarch 12, 2013
🐛
🌻
😎
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf16994295.tip.html