Lids, Lids, Glorious Lids!

If your jar is melted or broken, don't recycle that lid. I have found more uses for them than I can remember. Here are just a few.

• For dip in your veggie and deli lunch!

• Measuring out nuts.

• Your daily pills.

• Gathering beads.

• The standard Mayo lid is about 1/3 cup so for soup or rice recipes, you can't do better.

• Office supplies.

• Cookie or biscuit cutter.

• Where you toss your keys!

• Other ideas: marbles, glass nuggets, a gathering place for your laundry quarters.

• More More and So Much More! N-JOY!

Source: Just being thrifty!

Also, many of the plastic jar lids fit onto mason canning jars to use when storing your home canned pickles, applesauce, beets, etc. in the fridge. Mayo lids work really well for re-use.

Yep. One of my fav' "hunts" is to find lids that mate with their "unoriginal" jars. It's fun!

My son loved to save bottlecaps and jar lids from the time he was little. I would struggle to keep him from saving every one of them but it was a harmless hobby so I let him keep the ones he managed to get his hands on.

A few years after he started his collection, I had a missing juice lid that was accidentally thrown away instead of being reattached to the bottle. My son triumphantly ran to his room and found an old one that fit perfectly. He felt entirely vindicated! He is 18 now but I bet there is still a box full of old lids somewhere in his bedroom right now.

I once used a medicine bottle cap to seal my waterbed!! So if you can, send him this!!!

www.google.com/search?q=repurposing+bottle+caps...

Since our cat only eats a half can of wet food every day (she also gets dry food), I need to store the other half can in the fridge. I found that plastic lids from nuts (try salt & vinegar almonds!) fit the cans perfectly.