Substituting Canned Pumpkin for Applesauce

Can I use canned pumpkin instead of applesauce in recipes?

By Valerie K.

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I don't know about that but in weight watchers the gave us a recipe of

1 box cake mixed (dry) with 1 can of pumpkin

then stir and add just enough water to get the cake batter look..then bake. I use carrot cake or spice cake. Doesn't even need icing. Lots of people in WW use chocolate but not me.

Yes you can, same amount. I do it all the time and just change the spices to the amounts used for pumpkin pie. Of course, I love those spices.

I am so glad you asked this question as I would never have thought of it. As a side note Libby.com has some really good recipes for using pumpkin (power of pumpkin). That may come in handy when you open a can to use as applesauce and can't use all of it.

Canned Pumpkin
Uses for Canned Pumpkin
Food and Recipes Food Tips SubstitutionsOctober 9, 2009
Canning Applesauce
Canning Applesauce
Fat Free Cream Cheese
Substituting Fat Free Cream Cheese When Baking
Pumpkin Custard
Pumpkin Custard Recipes
Freezing Pumplin Pies
Freezing Pumpkin Pies
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 11:00:50 AM on 10.0.2.240 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.