Blackberry Wine Cake

This is a delicious cake that I've been making for several years now. I got the recipe from my neighbor who is almost 90 years. old. She has people begging her to make this cake for charity events and auctions. If you like the flavor of blackberries, you'll love this recipe. You can also substitute the flavors of gelatin and wine to make different cakes! Peach is great also!

• 1 (18.25 oz.) package white cake mix
  • 1 (3 oz.) package blackberry gelatin
  • 4 eggs
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 1/2 cups blackberry wine
  • 1/2 cup chopped pecans
  • 1 cup confectioners' sugar
  • 1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick), softened

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour on 9 or 10 inch tube pan. Put chopped pecans in bottom of pan.

Combine the cake mix, blackberry gelatin, eggs, oil, and 1 cup blackberry wine. Beat for 2 minutes then pour batter over top of pecans.

Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 40 to 45 minutes or until cake tests done. Let set for 10 minutes then remove cake from pan.

To Make Blackberry Wine Glaze: Mix together the confectioner's sugar, 1/2 cup blackberry wine, and the softened butter or margarine. Beat until smooth. Pour half of the glaze onto the cake as soon as it is removed from the cake pan. Wait 30 minutes and pour the rest of glaze onto the cake.

Servings: 14
Time:10 Minutes Preparation Time
45 Minutes Cooking Time

Source: Mrs. Nell Douglas, my neighbor.

By Michelle from Lanett, AL

This sounds excellent, but I have 2 questions. 1. Can you use a Bundt pan instead of an angel food cake pan. 2. Can you use juice (grape perhaps) instead of wine since I don't drink? Thank you.

Sure you can use grape juice and a bundt pan. I often use my fluted bundt pan when I want something a little decorative. Especially, if the cake is going to be a gift, which most of them are. It is a very delicious cake!

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts CakesAugust 3, 2009
Red Wine
Removing Red Wine Stains from Microfiber
Picking Blackberries
Killing Weeds in a Blackberry Patch
Glass of Red Wine Spilled on Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors, Broken glass of red wine on wood floor.
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors