High Price of Pepper

I would like to know if anyone else has noticed the price of black pepper? I have brought it for many years, at 2 @ $ 1.00. I still find the other spices but when it comes to regular black pepper it is $ 1.00 each, not 2 for a dollar. I even noticed that different peppers (lemon pepper, etc.) are still the same price and some places don't even have the regular pepper. Does anyone know what happen?

By JSRS443 from East TX

There have been price increases on every thing that you buy including black pepper.

Ditto with MCW and it's only going to get worse, especially when the projected inflation index kicks in :-( If you use a lot of pepper, just stock up (or anything you use a lot for that matter) but be wise and keep expiration dates in mind.

I've noticed, too - milk at Save-a-Lot is now nearer $3 than $2. As for pepper, we've ended up substituting soul seasoning. Same price as pepper, but more commonly available and seems to go farther, too. Not to mention, I like it better. Don't know why exactly, maybe because the red pepper in the soul seasoning has a different "tang."

I expect you could also substitute Creole seasoning, if you prefer.

I have noticed it too, I go to Dollar General and buy my pepper, its cheaper than Wal-Mart. Hope this helps.

I always use peppercorns. They're cheaper. You can grind them in a pepper mill (you can find these really cheap on eBay or dollar stores) or in a small grinder that I use to grind coffee and rice for my dog's treats (he's epileptic).

Consumer Advice General AdviceJune 21, 2009
Brazilian Pepper Tree
Getting Rid of a Brazilian Pepper Tree
Spicy Soup With Peppers
Fixing Soup With Too Much Pepper
Pepper Plant
Growing Pepper Plants
Jalapeno Peppers
Growing Jalapeno Peppers
🎄
🍂