Make Your Own Condensed Soup

I make my own condensed creamed soups for recipes. I take 1-1/4 cup milk, 3 -4 tbs. cornstarch mixed with 1/4 cup water (or broth). Then I add about 1/2 cup chicken stock or pureed celery or mushrooms, dash of garlic powder, salt and pepper. I use a wire whisk to stir over med high heat until blended and thickened.

Use as you would any recipe calling for condensed cream soups. It's a quick and easy way to make a recipe such as chicken pie without having to run out for cream soup, and much less expensive!

By nctyphoon from Trinity, NC

I'll definitely try this. Thanks!

I do this too. I have an aversion to MSG and it is in almost all the canned creamed soups. Tracey in Jacksonville, FL

Have you ever frozen any of it? I have been offered boxes of veges and apart from the normal, have run out of ideas what to do with them and this would be great. We use heaps of the rotten tin stuff.

This sounds great those canned condensed soups have so much sodium and add ons. This sounds healthy and good. Thank you

Food and Recipes Recipes Copycat SoupsMarch 30, 2009
Cream of Mushroom Soup
Cream of Mushroom Soup Recipes
Bowl of cream of tomato soup garnished with chives.
Freezing Tomato Soup
Opening a can of condensed soup.
Cooking With Canned Condensed Soup
Homemade Condensed Milk
Homemade Condensed Milk Recipes
🎉
🎄