Make Your Own Condensed Soup

Category Soups
Bowl of cream of chicken soup.
It is easy to make your own fresh condensed soup to use in recipes that call for this as an ingredient. This is a guide about make your own condensed soup.

I make my own condensed creamed soups for recipes. I take 1-1/4 cup milk, 3 -4 tbs. cornstarch mixed with 1/4 cup water (or broth). Then I add about 1/2 cup chicken stock or pureed celery or mushrooms, dash of garlic powder, salt and pepper. I use a wire whisk to stir over med high heat until blended and thickened.

Use as you would any recipe calling for condensed cream soups. It's a quick and easy way to make a recipe such as chicken pie without having to run out for cream soup, and much less expensive!

By nctyphoon from Trinity, NC

I'll definitely try this. Thanks!

I do this too. I have an aversion to MSG and it is in almost all the canned creamed soups. Tracey in Jacksonville, FL

Have you ever frozen any of it? I have been offered boxes of veges and apart from the normal, have run out of ideas what to do with them and this would be great. We use heaps of the rotten tin stuff.

This sounds great those canned condensed soups have so much sodium and add ons. This sounds healthy and good. Thank you