New MagicJack Does Not Work With Windows XP

I had a MagicJack for 2 years. It worked great, but I had to replace it. I bought a new one and now get this message: "MJ not supported on your version of Windows, detected version, Win9x 4.10". I have WinXP. I called MJ and spent hours trying to download it. I have high speed internet also. Can someone tell me what to do? Thanks ever so much.

By Joan from Praireville

I also have WinXP on my computer. I had tried using Magic Jack. I found that every time I shut my computer down I lost the use of the phone. I also had a lot of other problems with it too. Like you, I spent hours on the phone with Magic Jack and got no satisfaction whatsoever. I ended up taking it back and getting my money back. It simply wasn't worth it. I really thought it would save us a lot of money, but if you end up with no phone service at all due to the product not working as advertised, then you aren't saving a thing.

We ordered MagicJack also & it took both of our computers out. Had to get both of them fixed. One was XP, the other one was Vista laptop. I sent the thing back to the company and they gave me a refund. Won't order one again. Bad News!

Computers TroubleshootingMarch 9, 2011
Cleaning Windows
Cleaning Lawn Service Chemicals from Windows
A woman stand in a room built using recycled windows.
Building with Recycled Windows
Installing a New Window
Hiring Someone to Replace Your Windows