Fuzz on Clothing from Towels

I have a new navy blue cotton shirt that accidently got put in the wash with a couple of wash cloths. Of course, now it has a slightly fuzzy look, not at all the new look that it should have. Does anyone know how to get rid of the fuzz that comes from putting something in with towels? Thanks for any responses!

Jacquelyn from Walker, LA

You could try washing it again in cool water by itself , throwing a little fabric softener in the water instead of soap. After you dry the shirt dab over it with a piece of adhesive tape to pick up remaining fuzz .

Hello, Try using an old used razor to "shave" the lint from your blue shirt. I do this with my dark slacks or sweaters that get lint in the laundry. Just "shave" it lightly. I have never had any fabrics cut or tear this way.

It's a lot of work but try using tape.

Any tape will do, but something that is wide will make the job go faster.

Just cut a piece of tape and wrap it around your hand, sticky side out, and roll the tape over the shirt till all the fluff is gone

I have used this method on black uniform pants, when I have accidently washed a tissue in the pocket. Run the wash again in a cold rinse cycle using straight white vinegar instead of fabric softner,then tumble dry using the dryers lowest heat setting. I hope you find this helpful.

Hi everyone! Thank you all so much for the suggestions. I started with the first one that was sent, the one using only fabric softener in cold water. It worked, the only thing that was left was a little that I used tape on. It saved my favorite shirt! WOOOHOOO!!

Home and Garden Cleaning LaundrySeptember 9, 2006
Dyeing Bath Towels
Dyeing Bath Towels
Reusable Absorbent Towels
Make Reusable Absorbent Towels
Stack of Colored Towels
Saving Money on Towels
Stack of colorful towels.
Making Bath Towels More Absorbent
🎉
🎄