Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Repairing a Bissell Little Green

I have a Little Green Clean Machine and have tried to use it. However, it will not disperse the cleaning fluid. I found that the square hole next to the tube was plugged and cleaned it out the best I could with my fingers. Is there another way to get to this area by removing the top plate, and if so, how do you remove it?

By Pat from Dalton, NE

Post Feedback

Add your voice to the conversation. Click here to share feedback.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Repairing a Bissell Little Green

I have a Bissell Little Green. The pump has stopped working and cannot spray cleaner through the unit. It appears that the small motor is locked up. Are these motors replaceable and if so how much are the motors.

hmrclr

RE: Repairing a Bissell Little Green

The fix is rather simple. The spray nozzle is clogged. I take mine apart this way. I remove the Y shaped head off the hose by pushing in the little button on the top. Pull the end Y shaped head straight off while holding in the button and hose. You can also take off the Y shaped cover by pressing the slightly larger tab and pulling the cover straight forward to clean it, too.

Run a forceful stream of warm to hot water in reverse of the spray direction. This will clean the nozzle. Avoid using a paper clip as this will deform the spray pattern. Before you reconnect the Y shaped head, plug the machine back in and turn it on while at the sink. Fill the reservoir for the cleaner with warm to hot clean water and operate the spray button, aiming the end of the hose into the sink, or on the ground if outside the house. This will clear the hose and related parts. This should have you running for some time before it clogs again.

Mine does this regularly and I am constantly cleaning the nozzle. By doing this last step, you are making sure the pump is working and also cleans the hose, etc. Finally, make sure the little O-ring that is on the spray tube is smooth, round, and not nicked or cut in any way. If it is, replace it. Sears hardware stores or some automotive stores should have the O-ring. The O-ring is about 7/16 inches OD. Take it with you to the store and match it up. I have never had to change the one on my BLGMachine. Write back and let me know how you made out either way. I am glad to help.

Steve from Jackson, NJ (12/29/2006)

By tryanything