Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Craft: Fleece Pet Blankets

I had, by mistake, just got into making fleece blankets for pets of all kinds. I found out that even cats love the fleece feel. My sister has two dogs and one of them is a retriever. She had bought him expensive bed that looks so comfy and guess what? For Christmas, I made him a nice big blanket and he won't go off it unless he is hungry or has to go out. LOL

I am doing well with these blankets and the best thing is that the pets are very happy. Easy to care for and washable lasts for long time. Then with the scraps of fleece, I just tie them together to make a rope. These puppies LOVE to play tug a war. They too last forever and are washable. So here your pet is one happy dude.

By Jill from Lake View, NY

Feedback Forum

Feedback about this article is posted here. Want to contribute? Click above to post feedback.

By Lisa Austin [20]01/24/2010

Oh, my doggie also just loves fleece. Once I scammed on to that, away went the expensive beds. He now sleeps in an old soft-sided suitcase that I was going to throw out because the zipper broke which is lined with a fleece blanket and Cookie Bear is in Heaven! Good idea to sell them.

By lisa [3]01/23/2010

There is a company called Mutt Matts that makes similar products. Just be sure that if you sell these, that you don't infringe on their copyright.

By Sheila [60]01/21/2010

Your idea is great. Can you tell me the sizes you make and do you double the material. I will be making one for my dog when I get one and know a few friends with dogs.
Sheila

Post Feedback

Add your voice to the conversation. Click here to share feedback.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Make Pet Blankets With Fleece Scraps

If you make the no sew fleece blankets, don't throw away the squares you cut out from the corners! I gather them up and sew them together to make pet blankets for the local shelter. They wash nicely and need not be perfect.

Mara

RE: Make Pet Blankets With Fleece Scraps

Good for you! What a great thing for you to do. (09/29/2004)

By Vicki

How nice that you do this for the shelter animals!! I'm sure they love them. (09/29/2004)

By Kathy