Craft: Fleece Pet Blankets

By jill 3 1

I had, by mistake, just got into making fleece blankets for pets of all kinds. I found out that even cats love the fleece feel. My sister has two dogs and one of them is a retriever. She had bought him expensive bed that looks so comfy and guess what? For Christmas, I made him a nice big blanket and he won't go off it unless he is hungry or has to go out. LOL

I am doing well with these blankets and the best thing is that the pets are very happy. Easy to care for and washable lasts for long time. Then with the scraps of fleece, I just tie them together to make a rope. These puppies LOVE to play tug a war. They too last forever and are washable. So here your pet is one happy dude.

By Jill from Lake View, NY

Filter Sort

By Sheila 65 55 Flag

Your idea is great. Can you tell me the sizes you make and do you double the material. I will be making one for my dog when I get one and know a few friends with dogs.

Sheila

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By lisa 3 97 Flag

There is a company called Mutt Matts that makes similar products. Just be sure that if you sell these, that you don't infringe on their copyright.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Lisa Austin 21 89 Flag

Oh, my doggie also just loves fleece. Once I scammed on to that, away went the expensive beds. He now sleeps in an old soft-sided suitcase that I was going to throw out because the zipper broke which is lined with a fleece blanket and Cookie Bear is in Heaven! Good idea to sell them.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Archive: Make Pet Blankets With Fleece Scraps

If you make the no sew fleece blankets, don't throw away the squares you cut out from the corners! I gather them up and sew them together to make pet blankets for the local shelter. They wash nicely and need not be perfect.

Mara

Feedback:

RE: Make Pet Blankets With Fleece Scraps

Good for you! What a great thing for you to do. (09/29/2004)

By Vicki

How nice that you do this for the shelter animals!! I'm sure they love them. (09/29/2004)

By Kathy

© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 4:43:20 PM on 10.0.1.40 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.