Making Crown Royal Bag Quilts

Category Blankets
A collection of these soft bags can be made into an attractive quilt. This page is about making Crown Royal bag quilts.

This is my second attempt at making a quilt. My first one like this. I looked on Pinterest and found this quilt so I just kept looking at the picture on Pinterest and tried to get it like the picture.

I am going to tell you the way I made it. I did a lot of ripping, but didn't give up. And this is the result. I'm proud of the way it came out. It is not perfect, but I am proud of it anyway. Hope this helps.

I measured my blocks 3 1/2" centering the words. Then using the sides of the bags I cut my solid blocks then did the same for my gold blocks. I sewed my pieces a block at a time like a checker board (photo attached); puppy not included. Lol. When all the blocks were finished I started sewing them together in rows till I finished. Then I sewed a purple border using the sides of the bags. Then I went around with a gold border. On the back side I went with a solid gold cotton. Then trimmed with purple binding.

Total Time: 3 months

Source: Pinterest

• 150 Crown Royal bags ($Free)
  • 2 yd yards gold cotton material ($2.99)
  • 3 yd yards purple cotton material ($2.99)
  • 3 null spools purple thread ($1.79)
  • 3 spools gold thread ($1.79)

This Crown Royal bag quilt was fun and easy to make. I split the bags in half and cut the sides to get a straight line and uniform size. To square off the bags, I made a triangle pattern to get a straight line. Then I did a 2 inch strip to connect the bags. I had a suede bag that I used for the 4 corners and used the cord from the bags to tie it.

Crown Royal keeps you warm inside and out!

By quiltingirl from Vista, CA

I am making a quilt and was wondering if anyone knew where I can buy a gold colored material to match the gold color in Crown Royal bags. I have looked at several stores and can't seem to find the right color. Thanks.

Mary from Lone Pine, CA

Answers:

Crown Royal Bag Quilt

I too have just done a star block with the Crown Royal bags. Biggest problem was I wanted to iron the bag flat and the yellow stitching burnt, so I flipped it over and lowered the setting. I just went to my local fabric store and picked out a gold color fabric. I have not washed the bags, so if I decide to make a quilt, I would try washing first. They don't seem all that sturdy. Good luck (02/17/2009)

By Advid Quilter

Crown Royal Bag Quilt

http://www.texasquiltworks.com/default.asp

This site might have the color you are looking for, or maybe their links will help. (02/23/2009)

By Tina Brown

Crown Royal Bag Quilt

Just wanted to show my new quilt to all of you. April (03/10/2009)

By april proctor

RE: Crown Royal Bag Quilt

Crown Royal Bag Quilt

(Submitted via email)

The purple is 3 and a half inch squares, the white star is 2 inch squares. Fold over sew corner to corner to make star, 9 purple and 8 white. April (03/28/2009)

By Sally

I want basic instructions on making a quilt out of Crown Royal bags.

Sharon from Winfield, KS

Answers:

Photo: Crown Royal Bag Quilt

This is my Crown Royal bag quilt. I have five more people waiting for me to make them one. It has been a lot of fun and a lot of time but well worth it.

By Marsha from DeRidder, LA

(03/11/2008)

By Lewissan

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Do you have any quilt patterns for making quilts from Crown Royal bags?

I am looking for a pattern or instructions for making a Crown Royal quilt, using just the bags.

Do you have any words of wisdom as I approach the task of making my first Crown Royal quilt?

I want to make a Crown Royal bag quilt for my husband. Do you have any pictures or any ideas where I can buy the special gold bag that came out in the 70s?

Anyone making Crown Royal quilts?

I want basic instructions on making a quilt out of Crown Royal bags small and big. Can you help me?

I would like to know if anyone can assist me in telling me how or giving me directions on how to craft a quilt from Crown Royal bags?

I am looking for instructions on how to make a quilt out of Crown Royal bags.

I am not a crafty person, but I'm interested in making a quilt or throw out of Crown Royal liquor bags.

Crafts Sewing BlanketsFebruary 12, 2013
🐛
📓
🌻
😎
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf58873936.tip.html