Crafts Using Crown Royal Bags

Category Other
Those beautiful purple cloth Crown Royal bags are perfect to use in many crafts. This is a page about crafts using Crown Royal bags.

I am looking for instructions on how to make a Dress out of Crown Royal bags? I saw a girl with one at a Halloween party! She said it was a toga but it looked like a dress.

April

Answers

By Kathy (Guest Post)
Best Answer

I would begin by sewing all the fabric together as much as the widths you need. And then add pieces as follows. Just position the design in the directions you'll be using for whatever part of the dress you'll be designing. Good Luck, Kathy~ Lake County, FL. You just need enough to cover your bodice areas, arms, waist, and so forth.

This page is about making Crown Royal bag quilts. A collection of these soft bags can be made into an attractive quilt.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

I used two Crown Royal bags and took a side out and sewed the two together. I had to work a little to get the pulls to work, but once I did, it fits our little laptop just perfectly.

By Di from Great Falls, MT

My son gave me quite a few Crown Royal whiskey felt bags, hoping that I would make a quilt for him. My crafting/quilting skills leave something to be desired, and I found a handy alternative use for the bags. They are the perfect size for rice warming bags! The felt helps the bag stay in place, and there is little to no skill required.

Fill the bag with a decent amount of rice, and sew the top shut. Toss into the microwave for 90 seconds and enjoy 20 minutes of soothing warmth wherever you need it! I made a few for family as Christmas presents, they were such a hit, I'm thinking about making some throughout the year to sell at the local craft fairs!

Source: My arthritic knee and shoulder!

By Aunt Flower from Owasso, OK

I cut up my Crown Royal bags and forgot to wash them first. Will it be okay to sew them together or should I wash them first?

Answers

Best Answer

I would suggest placing them in lingerie laundry bags and wash on gentle cycle with some white vinegar or even salt and rinse well.

Lay on flat surface and smooth out to dry - or press while still a little damp.

How do I re-thread a Crown Royal bag with the yellow string at the top?
Thanks.

Answers

Best Answer

The Re-Stringit is a great tool but it is kinda expensive ($29.95) on Amazon but if you have a lot to do I feel sure it would be worth that price.

• There is a simple way to do this but it will take longer than using a tool.
  • Attach one end of the string to a safety pin and then attach a large paper clip to the safety pin and inch it through the bag top.
  • I do this with any restringing jobs but I do not need it very often.

How do I cut the bags to start sewing for making a pillow?

Answers

Best Answer

I really don't know how big this bag is, but I would suggest using the wording on the front of the pillow with the 2 gold bars on each front side. Maybe make 4 gold tassels for the corners?

What are the dimensions of the purple Crown Royal bags?

Answers

Best Answer

375ml: 6" x 7.5"
750ml: 7" x 9"
1L: 7.5 x 10"

1.75L: 9" x 13"

Where can I purchase a gold drawstring for a king size sleeping bag being made from Crown Royal bags? I want continuous rope and not to have to piece the originals together? Any help would be appreciated.

Answers

I would search on eBay or put want ads on sites like Freecycle, offerup or letgo.

Many online shops will have it if you do a search for gold wrapped cord. Here is a nice one:

www.etsy.com/.../gold-satin-twisted-cord-wrapped-thread...

Sounds like you are saying you want a 'roll' of gold cord so you will not have to sew ends together?
Most places will sell this in packages of 1-5 feet but you may be able to go to Michael's or Jo Ann's and buy the roll or as many feet as you think it will take.
They sell it from a large roll and cut it to whatever length you need.

You can also try online (you will need to know what size, rolled or twisted, washable or dry clean only (type of material - polyester, rayon, etc) but the craft stores can help you with this is you're not sure.

www.amazon.com/.../ref=pd_lpo_sbs_201_img_2?tag=thrif06...

www.amazon.com/.../ref=pd_lpo_sbs_201_img_1?tag=thrif06...

www.mjtrim.com/.../cords

Check with your local craft/fabric store.

Hello, other posters have given you some good suggestions for the where. If I may, some guidance for the how. Because a sleeping bag is going to get a lot of wear and tear, you may be best to purchase several of the same size rolls or cones of thin gold cording, gather them together and crochet (or knit or macrame or braid) one long, THICK strand that can stand up to being pulled and washed.

I used to make draw string purses out of yarn and bleach bottle bottoms and found a single strand of yarn would break after a few uses, but when I crocheted a thicker strand from several balls of yarn, that tie would hold up well.

Post back with your final project!! Hope it all works out for you!

This is a page about how to make a Crown Royal pillow. With some basic sewing skills, those vibrant purple bags can be turned into an interesting pillow.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes
Crafts Recycled Crafts OtherFebruary 12, 2013
😎
📓
🐛
🌻