Crafts Using Crown Royal Bags

Category Other
Those beautiful purple cloth Crown Royal bags are perfect to use in many crafts. This is a guide about crafts using Crown Royal bags.

This guide is about making Crown Royal bag quilts. A collection of these soft bags can be made into an attractive quilt.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

I used two Crown Royal bags and took a side out and sewed the two together. I had to work a little to get the pulls to work, but once I did, it fits our little laptop just perfectly.

By Di from Great Falls, MT

My son gave me quite a few Crown Royal whiskey felt bags, hoping that I would make a quilt for him. My crafting/quilting skills leave something to be desired, and I found a handy alternative use for the bags. They are the perfect size for rice warming bags! The felt helps the bag stay in place, and there is little to no skill required.

Fill the bag with a decent amount of rice, and sew the top shut. Toss into the microwave for 90 seconds and enjoy 20 minutes of soothing warmth wherever you need it! I made a few for family as Christmas presents, they were such a hit, I'm thinking about making some throughout the year to sell at the local craft fairs!

Source: My arthritic knee and shoulder!

By Aunt Flower from Owasso, OK

This is a guide about how to make a Crown Royal pillow. With some basic sewing skills, those vibrant purple bags can be turned into an interesting pillow.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

I am looking for instructions on how to make a Dress out of Crown Royal bags? I saw a girl with one at a Halloween party! She said it was a toga but it looked like a dress.

April

Answers

By Kathy (Guest Post)
Best Answer

I would begin by sewing all the fabric together as much as the widths you need. And then add pieces as follows. Just position the design in the directions you'll be using for whatever part of the dress you'll be designing. Good Luck, Kathy~ Lake County, FL. You just need enough to cover your bodice areas, arms, waist, and so forth.

I cut up my Crown Royal bags and forgot to wash them first. Will it be okay to sew them together or should I wash them first?

Answers

Best Answer

I would suggest placing them in lingerie laundry bags and wash on gentle cycle with some white vinegar or even salt and rinse well.

Lay on flat surface and smooth out to dry - or press while still a little damp.

How do I cut the bags to start sewing for making a pillow?

Answers

Best Answer

I really don't know how big this bag is, but I would suggest using the wording on the front of the pillow with the 2 gold bars on each front side. Maybe make 4 gold tassels for the corners?