Remedy for a Dog Losing Hair Behind Its Ears

My 1 year old Boston Terrier (male) is loosing hair behind his ears. The rest of the body is OK. Can you suggest any home remedies or natural oil? Thanks.

By Esther from New York, NY

Best Answer

I respectfully suggest you take your Boston to the vet, first, to determine what the problem is before trying to treat it with home remedies. It's impossible to treat any condition effectively (people or pets) if you don't know what ailment you are treating. Hair loss can be indicative of skin allergies and/or many other ailments, none of which can be treated successfully - with or without home remedies, unless you have a proper diagnosis. Good Luck.

P.S. I've a soft spot for the Boston's as I grew up with them. Hope your pet gets better, soon.

Dog Loosing Hair
Remedies for Hair Loss in Dogs
Pets Dogs HealthNovember 23, 2010
Chihuahua puppy
Puppy's Ears Aren't Standing Up
Short haired dachshund getting his hair brushed
Dachshund Losing Hair
Beautiful woman with frizzy hair looking at her comb, with a pained expression
Remedies for Frizzy Hair
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes