Use Your Old TV for a Security System

I just have to tell you what we have done with our TV that will not be used after Feb. 2009. We bought a security system at Harbor Freight an now when someone comes to the driveway or the door we can see who it is in the TV set.

You only have to install a very small camera (comes with the kit) in a place where no one will know its there. This has been a blessing as where our drive is we do not have a window. Now when someone drives up we can see them. My husband installed a light that comes on with a sensor so it comes on an lights up the place where the camera is aimed.

This is using a TV set that otherwise would not have been used an one of the greatest security systems we could have. I might also add you can have any size TV and also it can be black/white or a color set. This was a very inexpensive system around $40.

By Jodi from Texas

Good Grief, Woman! You are brilliant! Thanks for sharing this .... Many people have to be alone at night and this will help so many of them.

This is one of the best tip that I have ever read. Great job. Can you tell me where you got the camera kit from. You can email me at Jetr46 AT aol.com. Thanks

WONDERFUL, just wonderful. Thanks for sharing .

This is brilliant! I am one of those women alone, and I was wondering what to do with the old TV. Thank-you for sharing this!

Extremely Excellent Idea!

Well, we are "wondering" who has been throwing trash, chewing gum & cigarette butts onto our yard & driveway in a "seemingly nice" city neighborhood. With a VCR hookup, this will definitely do the trick!

Thanks for sharing!

We have had one for years. I love it. And when people find out you have them they tend to stay on the straight and narrow.

Also we got a discount on our homeowners insurance because we had it. May want to ask your Insurance agent.

Excellent post.

Old TV
Uses for an Old TV
Better Living Safety HomeAugust 14, 2008
older blind woman sitting on a bench
Receiving Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
Social Security Paperwork
Preparing for a Social Security Hearing
clogged toilet
Unclogging a Drain or Toilet Attached to a Septic System
Home Security Without an Alarm System
Home Security Without an Alarm System
🎉
🎄