Uses for an Old TV

Category Reusing
Whether it is an old console or a newer television, there are ways to use, reuse or recycle it. This page contains uses for an old TV.

Find an old console TV, remove the tube and make it a 3-d decoration. I use mine as an aquarium, too! Please notice the cool design transfers on the wall!

By Martha from Dothan, AL

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

I just have to tell you what we have done with our TV that will not be used after Feb. 2009. We bought a security system at Harbor Freight an now when someone comes to the driveway or the door we can see who it is in the TV set.

You only have to install a very small camera (comes with the kit) in a place where no one will know its there. This has been a blessing as where our drive is we do not have a window. Now when someone drives up we can see them. My husband installed a light that comes on with a sensor so it comes on an lights up the place where the camera is aimed.

This is using a TV set that otherwise would not have been used an one of the greatest security systems we could have. I might also add you can have any size TV and also it can be black/white or a color set. This was a very inexpensive system around $40.

By Jodi from Texas

When our projection big screen TV died, my husband took the mirror from the TV and mounted it on our dinning room wall.

By linda roberts from Rapid City, SD

Last week someone left a nice big TV our building's garbage area with note on it saying it works great, just needs a remote. I carried it home, only to find that the power cord had been cut off.

The TV had been there less than an hour. In the past year I have seen many electrical devices with the cord cut off. I always assumed that meant they didn't work.

Better Living Green Living ReusingNovember 1, 2012
🌻
🐛
📓
😎
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Uses-for-an-Old-TV.html