Health Advice For Fatty Liver

I recently was told that I have a fatty liver. I have never consumed alcohol, but have a similar condition as one who abuses drinking. I wondered if anyone else has been diagnosed with such and what you have found to work to reverse this condition? What foods are advisable to consume? Thank you for your help.

Carol from Laingsburg, MI

If you are comfortable with herbal remedies you might want to try milkthistle. Read the warnings on the package. There are different ones and some are not advised for people with ragweed allergies.

Of course, talk everything over with your doctor or health care professional, but I think that eating a gluten free/ sugar free diet is very helpful. Avoid all sodas, don't use artificial sweeteners and try to eat foods that are pretty close to their natural state, instead of being overcooked or overprocessed. No hydrogenated fats and limited sweets of any kind, whether its fruit or sugar sweetened candy.

Someone else mentioned milk thistle and that's good, but I would also take Vitamin C, burdock root and acidophilus as well. I have been doing a ton of research about the liver and it is truly an amazing organ.

I too have been diagnosed with this! My doc just advised exercise and watching fat intake and of course losing weight! :~)

Chlorella is an awesome product that cleanses the liver and gallbladder and is such great nutrition. Milk thistle is also good. But I would stick with chlorella and start slowly to build up to a cleansing amount. You can check on curezone.com for much more information.

My friend was diagnosed with this and went on the diabetic diet to lose weight and control her diet. She is doing great!

Cut all unhealthy fats from your diet; olive oil, nuts, avacados, and such are OK. Eat only whole grains, nothing that says enriched (read--NO white flour) when you're looking for carbs. Eat no white sugar or high fructose corn syrup. And avoid soft drinks like the plague--either diet or regular. Are you aware that more people have liver problems from use of soft drinks than from alcohol?

When we consume milk and sugar at the same time (like when eating ice cream or most cakes) it has the same effect on our liver as if we'd been drinking alcohol. Avoid this combination and you will see a big improvement.

I was diagnosed with this as well, and at the time I had quit drinking, but I was scared anyway. But -- I did the milk thistle for about three months and had another test. My liver was healthy. Please try it. (And as I saw in another post on this subject, please do read the label. I've never heard of anyone have adverse affects from taking milk thistle, but you do need to keep pollen allergies in mind. I have those allergies as well, but I don't have any problem with using the milk thistle. If anyone has to take Tylenol-type product on a regular basis, this is good for that as well.)

Health & Beauty AdviceSeptember 27, 2007
Chicken Liver
Chicken Liver Recipes
Beef Liver Recipes
Beef Liver Recipes
Olive Oil
Health and Nutritional Benefits of Olive Oil
Saving Money on Health Insurance, Health Insurance Paperwork
Saving Money on Health Insurance
🎄
🍂