Shopping for Mrs. Stewart's Bluing

I need to find a location for Mrs. Stewart's bluing in Waco, Texas.

By Charles

Here's a website where you can purchase it by computer: ... ?Screen=PLST&Store_Code=LFCMOMSB

If you prefer to buy in person from a brick and mortar store, look for the old fashioned grocery in your area, usually a Piggly-Wiggly or IGA. I've also seen it in Shure-Value groceries (AL), but I don't know if you have that chain in TX.

There are usually 'mom and pop' type stores in the South and SouthWest that carry the old-fashioned, tried and true products, too, but I'd try the ones I listed above first. Good hunting, I'm sure you'll find what you are looking for in one of those stores-it's where I always found what I knew worked best while I lived in LA, AL, NW-FL, and NW-GA!

Bluing is available in all of our local Co-op and other chain grocery stores, in the laundry section. If, for some reason, your local stores don't carry it there, you could try a farm supply, as people who show calves in 4H tell me that they use it to whiten the hair on their show calves. I should think you would have lots of calves to show in Texas!

April 11, 2012 Flag

I need to find bluing in Odessa Texas. Wal Mart does not carry it.

By Mollie H

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You can buy it online at

Buying Bluing
Consumer Advice Product FinderJuly 12, 2011
Mr. and Mrs. SantaMade From Reader's Digest Magazines
Mr. and Mrs. Santa Made from Reader's Digest Magazines
couple reading canned food label at the market
Grocery Shopping Strategies
Using Bluing
Mrs. Claus Costume
Making a Mrs. Claus Costume