Raise Cats and Dogs Together

Raise or have a cat and dog together. Cats outlive dogs and will get you through the trauma of losing your dog, and you will become even closer to your cat friend for real. Jethro Tull outlived my Collie bud of 14 years. Jethro, my cat bud, would lay in bed with me at the pillow and stretch out his arm over me as we slept.

IffySue outlived my Corgi bud of also 14 years. She would go for walks with me as she did with Dodgie. On car wash day, I would wash her down with my wet gentle hands/fingers which would remove extra fur. Depending on the weather, I would gently rub with paper towel. When she wanted canned food, she would look at me then look at her bowl.

If you can relate to cats as well as dogs, they can be your best friends too. Now on the downside, it's also gonna break your heart when you have to let your cat bud go. Take lots of pictures and, later on, you will be glad you did.

By Pamelaw from Coquille, OR

All good things to consider. My youngest Pomeranian (Almost 4 years old now) and my cat are the best of friends. It is so funny to watch them play and rough house together, and then when they are tired the cat will meticulously groom my dog... who will lean/lay back with his eyes closed and just wriggle with contentment. Then they will go to sleep together, and I think that is just the cutest thing. lol

I was brought up with cats and dogs all in the same house so I can't even imagine not having both. I have 2 dachshunds now and a tabby cat. When the dogs go outside, the cat sits at the door, then comes to get me when they are ready to come in. Also if I have to holler at the cat for getting into something (he's only 6 months old so still full of mischief) the dogs will chase him down to make sure they get their 2 cents worth of "hollering" in too. And anytime I lay down on the couch, they each have their own position on or around me. One dog tucked into the crook of my bent knees, one dog along my chest with his head on my arm, and the cat lays on my side. I have to lay on my side so we all fit! They are all 3 best friends to each other and to me.

That is cool and your lucky/blessed.

orange tabby resting its head on a sleeping dog
Raising Cats and Dogs Together
Pets AdviceMarch 1, 2010
Dealing With Stray Cats
Dealing With Stray Cats
green peppers growing
Growing Peppers and Tomatoes Together
Cat Food
Is Cat Food OK for Dogs?
Cats in the Attic
Cats in the Attic