Cake Recipes Using White Cake Mix

I am looking for cake recipes using white cake mix.

Amelia from Oak Grove, LA

Best Answer

Here's a couple I think you will enjoy.

Coconut Poke Cake

1 package white cake mix

1 can cream of coconut

1 can sweetened condensed milk

1 package frozen whipped topping, thawed

1 package flaked coconut

Prepare and bake white cake mix according to package directions. Remove cake from oven. While still hot, using a utility fork, poke holes all over the top of the cake.

Mix cream of coconut and sweetened condensed milk together. Pour over the top of the still hot cake. Let cake cool completely then frost with the whipped topping and top with the flaked coconut. Keep cake refrigerated.

Strawberry Dream Cake

1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix

1 1/2 cups frozen sweetened strawberries, pureed

12 ounces cream cheese

8 (1 ounce) squares white chocolate

1 cup heavy whipping cream

1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed

1/2 pint sliced fresh strawberries

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two 9 inch round cake pans. Make cake per directions except substitute the 1 1/2 cups of strawberries for the water and add 1 extra egg, (if cake mix calls for 2 eggs add 3), and 8 ounces of the cream cheese at room temperature. Beat well and pour into the prepared pans.

Bake at 350 degrees F for about 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. A toothpick inserted in the center will not come out clean when this cake is done since it is so moist. Let cake cool fully before frosting.

To Make Frosting: Heat the heavy cream until just beginning to boil. Pour it over the white chocolate (chopped) and the remaining 4 ounces cream cheese. Mix well and let cool. Once cool fold into the whipped topping. Use to frost cooled cake and garnish with sliced fresh strawberries.

Best Answer

I got this from a Party center I used to work at. Be sure to only use 3/4 cup caramel Ice cream topping-otherwise it is too sweet! And, the no-fat kind is just fine!)

Jamie's Oatmeal Caramel Bars (from the Patrician Party Center!)

1 pkg. white cake mix

2 cups uncooked oatmeal

1/2 cup packed brown sugar

1 cup oil

1 egg

3/4 cup caramel ice cream topping

Mix together cake mix, oatmeal and brown sugar. Stir in oil and egg; mix well.

Pat 1/2 of this dough mixture in a greased and floured 13x9 pan. Spread caramel topping over the crust in pan. Crumble the rest of the dough mixture evenly over the topping.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes

Best Answer

This isn't a recipe but it's yummy :-)

Just bake the plain white cake mix and place room temperature sliced canned peaches with a tiny bit of the syrup over each individual serving:

I like to slightly heat the cake and peaches in a bowl in the microwave with the leftovers :-)

I came up with this idea when I was about nine years old on my first time disastrous baking attempt of Peach Upside Down Cake that I burned but still wanted to impress my parents with dessert ;-) LOL!!!

Best Answer

For parties when I need a quick desert, In 8x8 inch pan put cherry pie filling or any kind in bottom, sprinkle white cake mix from box on top, dot with butter and nuts, bake till brown. The cherries come up through. Always get rave reviews.

Best Answer

Use a white cake to make "Jello Cake".

Make your white cake as directed in a 13x9 pan. When cooled, poke holes all over the top with a fork. Pour warm jello, any flavor you like. (mix with hot water as usual, only add 1/2 the cold water), all over the cake. Let chill. Add a layer of French Vanilla pudding, chill, then add a layer of cool whip. We use white cake because the color of the jello stands out better. If you use strawberry jello, add strawberrys to each piece when served, or peach, or cherry, etc. Really good in the summer time! Enjoy

Here is one that Sandra Lee made on her show. Looked so good; http://tinyurl.com/5h353q

You could probably add any flavor extract/baking chocolate to change the flavor. Also chocolate chips or sprinkles to make the confetti cake. I have taken strawberry extract and a little red food coloring and added to a white cake mix to make the strawberry.

Cake Mix in Bowl With Wisk
Recipes Using Cake Mixes
Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts CakesNovember 19, 2008
Chex Mix
Homemade Chex Mix Recipes
Bowl of salsa with ingredients in background.
Dry Salsa Mix Recipes
A bottle of homemade salad dressing.
Making Italian Salad Dressing Mix
Recipes Using Red Velvet Cake Mix
Recipes Using Red Velvet Cake Mix
🎉
🎄