Pricing Crafts for a Craft Show

I knit and crochet dish cloths. I sell them for $2.50, is that the going rate? I want to do a craft show this fall, what are good sellers? I also do plastic canvas, such as tissue box covers, pins, coasters, etc.

Pat from Corydon, IN

It seems to me that there are always several crafters selling those items. Make something unique that sets yourself apart from the rest.

I agree with the former poster. I suggested this to another crafter who was very excited. You go to the dollar tree and get large and smaller doilies, or you can get really good ones from the thrift shops. Get some brass or plastic rings and attach the doilies to the rings. I find that catching the doily with ripped fabric and then embellishing with buttons makes a nice country sun catcher.

You can go with faux gems, or glitter glue for a fancy one. If you use thread to wrap the ring, you can use a complimentary color of thread. Or, you can simply use ribbon to wrap or tie the doily to the ring and leave the ring unwrapped. These are flat and ready to transport, cheap to make, fun, and with the holidays coming up, easy to ship for the holiday buyers.

If you want more crochet patterns, and ideas, contact me through here and leave a message with an email, and what your main craft interest is. As for pricing, the total cost of these is anywhere from 2.00-6.00 so I would sell the large for 10.00 and the smaller for 8.00, keeping some 10.00's and 1.00's handy.

It's a funny fact, but some people consider cheaper crafts not worthy of their money. I have seen people pass up 5/4.00 items to pay 20.00 for one thing. A "niche" is what will bring customers to your booth. If you sell what some call "granny crafts" that most people can do themselves, you will be mostly passed by. Good luck!

Crafts Selling CraftsAugust 5, 2008
A photo of a girl making paper hearts.
Valentine's Day Crafts for Kids
Crafts Using Soda Cans
Crafts Using Soda Cans
winning dog with ribbon and cup
Training a Show Dog
Crafts Made from Recycled Bedspreads, Shoulder bag made from recycled chenille bedspread.
Crafts Made from Recycled Bedspreads
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 22, 2016 at 12:23:05 PM on 10.0.0.121 in 913 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.