Flywheel Only Turns With Spark Plugs Out

I have a Sears riding mower with a 12hp Briggs and Stratton engine. It was working fine. Now when the starter engages the flywheel it spins 3/4 and stops. The drive belt is off and the blades are off, so there is no bind. I take out the spark plug and it spins normally. When I put the plug back in it does the same, it turns for 3/4 of the way and the flywheel stops. Any suggestions?

By Daniel from Odem, TX

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Home and Garden Repair Machines Lawn MowersJune 15, 2010
Plug Outlet
Getting Plugs to Stay in Outlets
Man Fixing Mower
Mower Won't Start
Iron Framed Bed
Fixing a Squeaky Bed
Starting a Lawnmower
Lawn Mower Won't Stay Running
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 12:02:40 PM on 10.0.0.96 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.