Instant Pot Apple Butter
I made this but it came out too liquidy, because I added too much water. I didn't trust when the recipe said only use a couple tablespoons water but it turns out that if you really want apple butter, you should.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 3 to 4 pints
Source: recipe found online
- 4 lb apples
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 dash salt
- Wash apples. Cut and core the apples into fourths.
- Place the apples into the Instant Pot. Add water, spice, brown sugar and salt.
- Close lid, push the Manual or High Pressure setting. Set the timer for 15 minutes, adjust time using the up or down arrow.
- When timer is finished, let pressure in pot release naturally. This means turn Off but leave in sealed position for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, turn the dial to the Vent position and let remaining steam release.
- Let the apples cook on the Saute setting while stirring in lemon juice. To make into apple butter, put an immersion blender into the Instant Pot and pulse until smooth. You can also use a blender after, if you don't have an immersion blender.
- Put finished product in jars.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.