Making Crockpot Apple Butter
Fall is a great time to grab all those apples and turn them into delicious apple butter for the rest of the year! This slow cooker recipe will make plenty for you and for thoughtful gifts during the upcoming holidays.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: crockpot 12 hours
Yield: 3 pints
- 6-6 1/2 lb apples of your choice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
Note: if you'd prefer to use pumpkin pie spice in place of the individual spices, feel free!
- Peel, core and slice all your apples and place in your crockpot.
- Mix together your two sugars and spices (except the vanilla!).
- Pour on top of the sliced apples in the crockpot.
- Stir it together and place the crockpot top on. Cook on low for 10 hours (I left it on overnight).
- Add your vanilla and cook it 2 more hours uncovered.
- Blend it with an immersible beater or mixer.
- Place in sterile jars, let cool, cover and refrigerate up to two weeks or you can freeze your apple butter.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.