How Do I Remove Scuff Marks From Hardwood Floors?

Can someone tell me how to remove scuff marks from my wood floor that was installed in 2010. I'm not talking about "black" scuff marks, just scuffs that show on the floor.

I clean it regularly w/Pledge wood floor cleaner I buy at Home Depot. It does a great job of cleaning and shining, but the scuffs remain. I suppose they come from tennis shoes, grandkids playing, etc. If the sun is shining, I want to keep the blinds closed, because they show up especially bad then. Please give me advice how to get rid of all the scuffs. It's driving me nuts! Thanks in advance.

By Kathleen from IN

Being in the cleaning business for 27 yrs., I have cleaned many hardwood floors. From what I have learned is to never use anything with a 'polish' (such as Pledge Hardwood Floor Cleaner), as this leaves a very thin coat of 'polish' on your wood floors. Chances are the scuff marks you refer to, is simply the thin layer of polish being 'scuffed' off. Only use a streak free/no residue cleaner, such as BONA (for hardwood floors that you can get almost anywhere), which cleans your floors instead of 'polishing' them. If you want a 'shinier' wood floor, then you will need to apply a coat of polyurethane. So many people make this mistake, so you are not alone. I hope this helps.

Scuff Marks on Wood Floors
Home and Garden Cleaning FloorsApril 27, 2011
White Walls
Removing Scuff Marks on Walls
Red Chair on Hardwood Floor
Keeping Furniture from Sliding on Hardwood Floors
Someone mopping hardwood floors
Cleaning Hardwood Floors
beautiful wood floors
Removing Scuff Marks from Hardwood Floors