KitchenOrganizing

A Small Book Rack for Cookbooks

I would like to display some cook books on my countertop. Where can I find a small book rack?

Jean from Central Islip, NY

Keep an eye out in thrift stores or used book stores, as sometimes they may carry them, as well as cooking stores with lots of cookbooks. (the one I worked for in AK carried them from time to time.) Also, Betty Crocker Catalog carries them in a set or individually (I think the set included a recipe card holder and book holder, solid wood.)

If they are lightweight (your books) you may want to look for a child's type (whimsical) like the Dr. Seuss collection used to have, it had the ends and the books rested up right on uneven parallel plastic bars....I can't find an image, but you will know it when you see it!

Maybe try stacking them and add what ever you decorate your kitchen with at each end to hold them up.

Also if there thin ones you could get a rack that used to hold stero albums.

You could also stand them up in a decorative basket. You could use some inexpensive bookends from an office supply store.

My husband installed some pretty white cabinets in my laundry room and one of them I was able to put my cookbooks on the bottom shelf. My laundry room is right off the kitchen so it is quite handy in there and I don't have to take up counter space. I don't have to dust them either!

Lillian Vernon catalogue has a decorative cast iron pedestal type in red or black-- looks nifty to me--

good luck

What about those over the sink shelves....you could put canisters underneath and your books with some bookends on the ends to hold them up, or lay a heavy cookbook down on one end to hold them up. With using the over the sink shelf you are not taking up that much counter space.

Good luck! I collect cookbooks and I use an old picnic basket to hold all of mine.

My husband has made and is selling cookbook racks for the counter top. If interested you can e-mail us at csdno6go AT cfl.rr.com