Painting a Vinyl Floor

I would like advice on painting a vinyl floor.

By sheilalove64 from IL

try going to the benjamin moore website they are great and have products for any project.

http://www.benjaminmoore.com/

Hi,

I would think that using Zinsser B I N primer would work great as a base and I believe it can be tinted. We were just reading reviews on it for painting our cabinets, and it sticks to anything! People said to be careful not to get it on yourself or floor or etc. as it won't come up. Tough stuff and make a nice finish. At Menards, a staff member told us that they were replacing their Kilz with it as it was superior. Just be sure to ventilate during this step and the epoxy coverings.

Also, the hints on counter top refinishing on this site would probably give you ideas about your floor. Hope this helps and your floor is beautiful!

August 5, 2009 Flag

Has anyone painted vinyl flooring? Would you share your steps?

Christy E. from CT

Answers:

Painting a Vinyl Floor

Ask questions about it at a good paint store. (01/29/2009)

By Carol

Painting a Vinyl Floor

I painted my bathroom floors nearly 14 years ago and only in the last three years has it started to show worn spots and only in like the heavy foot path, like from doorway to toilet. What I did was clean it good, let dry, put on 2 coats of a latex enamel letting dry well. Then I put on three coats of water based polyurethane, let dry a couple days (during the summer I did this) and that's it. I did my laundry room floor about 10 yrs ago, put down a throw rug in there because of heavy use and it still looks good. (01/30/2009)

By KELLYCAJUN

January 28, 2009 Flag

I wonder if it is possible to paint an old stained vinyl floor. It looks grimy though it is very clean. Any ideas for painting or otherwise improving its appearance?

Sissy from Upstate, NY

Answers:

Painting a Vinyl Floor

Even if you made them look better, it would be temporary unless you sanded them with course sand paper first by hand, then used Epoxy on them with "plenty" of fresh air. At best there's no guarantee that they'd look great, but they might look fresh for a time. God bless you. (09/05/2006)

By Lynda

August 27, 2006 Flag

Is there a way to paint vinyl flooring to make it look like ceramic tile? What are some affordable ideas for flooring. Anyone?

Debbye from Kimberling City

Answers:

Painting a Vinyl Floor

I have seen floors painted on shows on HGtv or TLC. I have not tried it myself but I imagine you would need some serious primer like KILZ. Then once a couple coats of that is down you may be able to do a faux finish on the floor to look like ceramic. I would then put a layer or 2 of polyeurathane over the paint.

I used the peel and stick tiles in my bathroom about 1 year ago and they were fairly inexpensive ($40 for med. bathroom). However, I put them on a floor board that was not level and several have cracked! (08/09/2006)

By wyoKrista

A can of blue paint.
Painting Vinyl (or Linoleum) Flooring
Home and Garden Home Improvement FlooringAugust 5, 2009
abstract tree wall decal
Making Vinyl Wall Decals
Cleaning a Vinyl Record
Cleaning Vinyl Records
Photo of spring cleaning supplies.
Cleaning Tar Off Vinyl
🎉
🎄